Information we collect
Google collects information based on your children's use of the app, like when they read a book. This information includes:
- device information, such as hardware model and operating system version;
- log information, including usage statistics on how our service is used, device event information, and the device's Internet protocol (IP) address;
- coarse location information based on your device’s IP address;
- application version number; and
- unique identifiers, which are used to collect and store information about an app or device, such as preferred language, reading and search history, and other settings.
The app also collects images and voice data, which are locally stored on device and not shared with Google to respect privacy.
How we use information we collect
Google uses the information collected for internal operational purposes such as spam and abuse prevention, enforcing content license restrictions, determining preferred language and providing and improving the service.
Google also uses this information to offer users personalized content. We associate a unique identifier that's unique to the Service with the books your children have read and terms they've searched for to recommend books likely to be of interest to them, subject to the controls described below.
Google does not allow your children to share personal information with third parties or make it publicly available.
Information we share
Google will not disclose individual user information outside of Google unless one of the following circumstances applies:
Google will share individual user information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google when we have parental consent.
For legal reasons
Google will share individual user information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
For external processing
Google may share aggregate information about the use of the app with third parties to, for example, show trends about the use of the app or meet our reporting obligations with partners.